The Children’s S.C.R.A.P project is a registered charity No. 281010 which collects, stores and distributes clean, safe, industrial waste to schools, nurseries, colleges, special needs groups, churches, hospital wards, playgroups, community groups and charitable organizations involved in education.
The Children’s S.C.R.A.P project was founded in 1978, by our founder Mr Bruce Galley in response to cuts in government spending on education, particularly arts and crafts funding. The charities main objective is to advance education and play by the distribution of donated materials to schools, colleges, playgroups, nurseries, community groups and other charitable organizations established for educational purposes.
What do we do?
- Collect waste materials from businesses throughout London, free of charge
- Re-use materials for arts and crafts projects
- Save over 200 tones of material each year from landfill
- Offer a cheap resource to over 500 member groups each year, who reuse our materials with over 55,000 children and adults
- Are involved in the Community Re-Paint scheme
We have a 2,000 sq ft hall for hire. Please call for viewings and bookings